Home / FAQ’s


How do I enroll in Slawson Occupational Center?

To enroll, students must first take the assessment at one of our four locations. Students can call to get the assessment schedule (also available on website).


Can anyone enroll in Slawson Occupational Center?

Any person 16 years of age or over is eligible for enrollment.  Those under 18 and currently enrolled as a high school student must have their high school’s administrative approval to be registered as a concurrently-enrolled high school student with written permission from their parent/guardian and their home school.


Is there some type of testing or assessment required?

Yes, all new students are required to take an assessment for the program in which they wish to enroll. (Assessment is valid up to three (3) years for returning students)


Do I need my high school transcripts?

Students that enroll in the high school program will need official transcripts for the academic advisor to generate your personalized academic plan.


How do I get a copy of my transcripts or high school diploma to enroll at Slawson Occupational Center? All requests for documents or records take 5 business days and must be requested in person at your home school.


How much are class fees?

ESL, Citizenship, and academic classes are free. CTE courses fees vary and uniform as well as occupational supplies are not included in class fees. (fees by course are available on website).


Will I earn a certificate when I finish my CTE course?

Yes, students earn a certificate once they complete specified hours and meet the course competencies.


Does Slawson Occupational Center provide job placement?

We do not guarantee job placement however we have several events such as job fairs throughout the school the school year.


Does Slawson Occupational Center offer financial aid?

Slawson Occupational Center is a low-cost facility that does not offer financial aid. However, we do have programs that assists low-income students with program fees. Please contact an advisor for more information.


What is the refund policy?

A refund may be granted under the following conditions:

  1. A student drops a class before the first day of attendance or within 7 calendar days following the first day of possible attendance. (A $20.00 processing fee will be applied)
  2. The student paid fees in error and did not attend class. (Full refund)
  3. Class is closed by administration. (Full refund)


How do I request transcripts or documents from Slawson OC?

The following document requests are offered by Slawson Occupational Center.

  • Transcripts – $10.00 for up to 2 copies per request
  • Form completion – Attendance, Duplicate Certificate, Official letters (including DACA)
  • Duplicate Diploma – $10.00
  • Duplicate CTE Certificate of Completion – $10.00


All document requests must be made in person, paid for prior to processing, and allow 5 (five) working days for processing.


Does Slawson Occupational Center offer babysitting services?

No, Slawson Occupational Center does not offer babysitting services at this time.


What is ABE?

Adult Basic Education (ABE) is a program that offers basic skills in reading, math, and English.


What is ASE?

Adult Secondary Education (ASE) is a program that offers courses to earn a high school diploma.


What is CTE?

Career Technical Education (CTE) is a program that offers courses that will prepare you for employment (job training) or career advancement.


What is ACCT?

Accelerated College and Career Transition Program (ACCT) is a program that offers young adults ages 16-24 an educational opportunity to earn a high school or equivalency certificate.

  • Translate
  • English Spanish