We have been following the guidance of public health experts on how we can keep all who are part of our school community — students, staff, family members and visitors — safe in the midst of a growing health crisis. Effective Monday, March 16, all adult education schools, occupational and skills centers will be closed for two weeks while we evaluate the appropriate path forward. We are taking this step to keep our school communities safe.
All adult education activities scheduled to take place at all schools in the district have been cancelled for the duration of the school closure, including classes, testing sessions, counseling services, and community events. Before reopening the school, we will deep clean the campus.
While the schools are closed, should you wish to access adult learning materials, please visit keeplearning.wearedace.org.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact our Division of Adult and Career Education at (213) 241-3150.
In addition, LAUSD has set up the following hotlines:
Following several months of planning and preparation, the COVID-19 testing program for students and staff is in place. We are continuing to test employees reporting to a site in person or working from home. We are also testing students in early education centers, elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools for baseline testing.
When it is time for you to be tested:
- You will receive a communication from your principal or administrator (email, phone call, or letter) to make an online appointment. Please wait for that email before making an appointment.
- You must make an online appointment and give consent before testing.
- LA Unified will cancel any appointments made by those not included in the current testing group.
- At this time, testing is only available to:
- Employees at selected sites who report to work in person or are working from home.
- Employees and their participating children of school-age child supervision programs in LA Unified.
- Parents/Guardians and their student(s) who are participating in school-based instruction (tutoring program)
- Parents/Guardians and their students enrolled in early education programs, elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
- Only legal guardians of students can schedule an appointment for their student(s). A student ID is required to make an appointment for a student.
- Appointments are scheduled every 15 minutes with a maximum of 3 appointments per 15 minutes. If you are scheduling for more than 3 people, please schedule in two time slots or more according to the number of people needing an appointment.
Click Here to go to the test appointment scheduler.
Once you make an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with appointment details. Testing will take place at an LA Unified site. Your confidential test result will be emailed to you following the test. All the information will be kept in a separate, secure database and only shared with the appropriate scientists, administrators and health authorities.
Over the next several weeks, all staff and students will be provided with an initial, baseline test. We will also provide testing for household members of students or staff who test positive for the virus or those who show symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information, visit http://achieve.lausd.net/covidtesting